Community.co is seeking a full-time Accountant with strong critical thinking skills to join our team. This position will report directly to the Accounting Manager and will ensure the integrity of accounting information by recording, verifying, and entering transactions.
Who we are
Community.co is a provider of community-driven programs for media companies and global brands. Currently, communities include YEC, a world-renowned community for entrepreneurs, and branded communities in partnership with Forbes, American City Business Journals, Newsweek, Rolling Stone and Fast Company.
Who you are
- A self-starter
- Detail oriented
- Fast paced
- Prepares and records asset, liability, revenue, and expense entries by compiling and analyzing account information
- Manages all employee expense reporting
- Maintains general ledger
- Books payroll
- Accounts receivable, accounts payable
- Codes all credit card transactions in accounting system
- Prepares monthly time-keeping reports
- Identifies errors and suggest ways to improve efficiency
- Reviews and recommends modifications to accounting systems and procedures
- Assists with tax audits and tax returns
- Prepares weekly cash forecasts
- Develops and documents business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Ensures compliance with GAAP principles
- 2+ years of solid, progressive accounting experience
- Experience with full cycle accounting
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills
- Detail-oriented and strong organizational skills
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Be a team player with a "can do" attitude
- Must be a self-starter
- Comfortable working remotely
- Must be able to problem solve independently
- Ability to multi-task and be responsive
- Accounting (or similar) degree required
- Experience with QuickBooks (and other ERP) preferred
- Experience with Microsoft office suite, specifically Excel, required
- A growing team with big opportunity
- The chance to develop with a thriving company
- Use new technology & solve interesting problems
- Medical, dental, vision coverage (company pays $475 - $735)
- 401K with up to 4% company match
- 100% remote, work where you want
- Flexibility is negotiable
- Generous paid time off + all major US holidays
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required for this role and responsibilities may change at any time.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
At Community.co, we are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to promote inclusiveness in everything we do. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Community.co is also committed to compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear and see. We will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations.