Community.co is seeking a full-time technically focused Senior Business Intelligence Analyst who will help empower our company to make data-driven decisions by providing the right data at the right time throughout various areas of the organization. This position will interact with different business departments to define and develop solutions to unique problems, using data and cloud-based technologies. Our ideal candidate for this position will also have experience with Accounting and Finance systems.
Who We Are
Community.co has pioneered the business of community for over a decade. We build, acquire, and manage professional communities of all shapes and sizes. To date, we’ve represented 50+ communities and 25K+ members, powered by our team of 200 people worldwide. Our communities include Forbes Councils, Newsweek Expert Forum, Rolling Stone Culture Council, Fast Company Executive Board, Business Journals Leadership Trust, and YEC, a council for the world’s most successful young entrepreneurs.
Who You Are
The right candidate will understand that we are critical to the broad team’s ability to operate effectively, and that we develop solutions founded in data and analytics. You are a great communicator over Slack and on Zoom and can work with people in many different types of roles. You understand that we sometimes handle sensitive data, and you have exceptional judgement and discretion. You thrive in a remote work environment, and welcome both the freedom and responsibility that comes with it.
- Work directly with internal business partners to identify where BI is appropriate for solving problems
- Develop reports and reporting methodologies
- Own work and deliverables, from inception to completion
- Translate requirements into actionable and organized plans
- Work in an independent as well as collaborative environment
- Excel in a fast-paced environment
- A passion for creating systems that automate and solve business problems
- Understanding of BI concepts and technologies
- Strong SQL query language
- Ability to reason through ambiguous issues
- Ability to verify and validate between detailed datasets
- Experience using Excel for data analysis and light reporting
- Self-starter that is willing to take on new projects and ideas
- Willingness to deeply understand a broad range of technology
- Creative thinking around ways to solve complex challenges in streamlined ways
- Commitment to data quality and fastidious, detail-oriented data validation
- Minimum 2 years of relevant career experience
The ideal candidate will also have experience with one or more of the following tools and processes:
- Report and dashboard development (Ideally: Microsoft’s Power BI and Excel)
- Data warehousing/ETL development
- Google Cloud Platform – BigQuery
- Matillion ELT Tool
- Experience working with APIs
- Accounting degree or strong experience working with financial reporting
- A growing team with opportunities to develop with a thriving company
- Use new technology & solve interesting problems
- Medical, dental, vision coverage [company pays $475 - $735]
- 401K with company matching
- 100% remote, work where you want
- Generous paid time off + all major US holidays
- Technology reimbursement program
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required for this role and responsibilities may change at any time.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
At Community.co, we are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to promote inclusiveness in everything we do. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Community.co is also committed to compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear and see. We will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations.